FREE Tutoring & Test Preparation
In-person tutoring for adults is held at 803 Monroe St., Salmon — the Innovation Center uphill from the Hockey Rink.
Wednesdays: 4:30-6:30. **DROP-IN anytime during those hours.
Fridays: 12:30-2:30. **DROP-IN anytime during those hours.
(NO TUTORING THE WEEKS OF MAJOR HOLIDAYS)
To learn more, please contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (208) 756-1551.
Made possible by: Idaho Community Foundation & Gladys E. Langroise Advised Fund, Odd Fellows Club, LCEDA & the Northwest Area Foundation, Idaho Power, and private donors.
Skills Refresher Resources:
A lot of people need to brush up on their math and English skills before starting a program, or even once in college classes. These resources can help you.
Free Online Resources & Classes:
- The Khan Academy- earn badges and points as you get better at math. Ask us to be your Khan Coach.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab, or OWL exercises – for brushing up on grammar and writing.
- Quizlet – flashcards that help you study everything from vocabulary to math equations.
- Coursera – Hundreds of classes in many subjects taught by top professors at dozens of colleges and universities.
- Udacity – A number of courses in a variety of subjects, specializing in computer science.
- Codeacademy – specializes in teaching you how to code- learn the basics of HTML, CSS, Java, and more.
- Saylor Academy – Saylor Academy’s mission is to open education to all.
Inexpensive online learning:
Treehouse Learning: Learn to build websites, create iPhone and Android apps, or code with Ruby on Rails and PHP. Designed to take you from beginner to entry-level job-ready, self-paced. Unlimited access to their basic programs for a $25/month subscription. Premium option available.